CSD3 measures sunshine duration. Sunshine duration is defined by the World Meteorological Organization as the time during which the direct solar radiation exceeds 120 W/m2.
- Waterproof plug-and-socket cable connection
- Easy installation and servicing
- Humidity indicator
- Easy to change drying cartridge
- Glass tube for improved resistance to scratching
- Extended operating temperature range
Sunshine Duration Sensors are widely used in weather networks and holiday resorts to provide the number of sunshine hours per day for tourist information. In health spas and clinics they contribute to the measurements used in treatment and recovery. In agronomy the amount of sunshine received by crops can be used to help forecast yields. In building automation the CSD 3 can be used as an input to the systems for the control of the internal environment, such as the deployment of sun blinds.