Passive road sensor IRS31 Pro is flush-mounted in the road. The two part housing design allows the combined sensor/electronics unit to be removed for maintenance or calibration at any time.
- Replaceable sensor electronics
- Polling via RS485 interface
- Low energy consumption (solar operation)
- Radar principle to measure water film
- Analogue outputs
The following variables are recorded:
- Road surface temperature
- Water film height up to 4 mm
- Freezing temperature for maximum 10 ice melting materials
- Road condition (dry/damp/wet/ice or snow/residual salt/freezing rain)
- Friction (grip)
- Ice percentage
- 2 additional depth temperatures, e.g. at 5 cm and 30 cm
The sensors are addressable and can be networked. The measurement data is available for further processing in the form of a standard protocol.