Advanced standalone lightning warning systemThe BTD-300 Thunderstorm Detector is a standalone sensor that reliably detects the presence of all forms of lightning to a range of 83 km.
The unique quasi electrostatic operating principle gives the detector a very low false alarm rate and the ability to warn of the risk of overhead lightning.
The basic sensor detects and ranges both cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground lightning. The ability to reliably detect and range cloud-to-cloud lightning, which is typically much more common than cloud-to-ground strikes, makes the BTD-300 much more sensitive to the presence of storms compared to devices that rely on radio detection. As cloud-to-cloud lightning often precedes cloud-to-ground the sensor can give the user earlier warnings of lightning risk.
- Warns of overhead lightning risk even before the first lightning discharge
- Highly immune to radio interference which is the major cause of false alarms in traditional standalone detectors
- 83 km detection range
- Detects cloud-to-ground and as well as weaker but more common cloud-to-cloud lightning
- Detects charged precipitation
- Meets FAA performance requirements for aerodrome use
- Optional direction finder
- Virtually maintenance free
- 2 years warranty