IMS4 ARWIS provides the airport authorities with the essential runway surface condition data.
Using real-time collected measurements from the field sensors as well as forecasts from the integrated model the system detects and predicts the runway conditions: ice (black ice), freezing rain, accumulation of snow and thaw.
- Detection and prediction of runway conditions
- Alarms on hazardous phenomena detected or forecast
- Effective de-icing
- Intrusive as well as non-intrusive sensors
- Multiple sensor interfaces (modem, fiber optic, wireless)
- Standalone system or integrated within AWOS / AWDSS
- Runway condition data on the Net
The measurements and forecasts-based early warnings contribute to air traffic safety and help in planning the runway maintenance activities. The system can be installed as standalone with options of upgrades during the system lifetime or can be fully integrated within the IMS4 Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS)